2017-18 Family Job Teams
Family jobs are the living link to connection, involvement and community-building at the Schoolhouse - volunteerism at its best. The options for family jobs are as wide and varied as our school.
Each family chooses a specific job each year, and they hold that job starting July 1 and ending June 30 of the following year.
Jobs are organized and assigned by the Parent Chair and the Head of School. Jobs are matched to parents’ stated interests and skills and can be tailored to a family’s lifestyle, schedule and availability. Parents can have as small or as large a job as they can manage, and they can hold more than one job.
The Parent Chair is responsible for ensuring that, in partnership with the Head of School:
- every family is connected, involved and invested in the mission of the school.
- the evolving needs of the school community continue to be met, while keeping tuition as low as possible.
Here are the family job teams for 2017-18:
In close partnership with the Head of School, this team is responsible for hosting and corresponding with prospective families during the admission season.
Community Events Team
In close partnership with the Parent Chair and the Head of School, this team builds and celebrates our community by planning, organizing and hosting school events, including recruiting volunteers and providing information about these events to parents. This includes the following events:
- Halloween After-school Party
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day
- Winter Lights Celebration
- Pancake Breakfast
- Spring Celebration
- Bike-to-School Days (in fall and spring)
- Mom’s and Dad’s Night(s) Out
In close partnership with the Head of School, this team is responsible for inspiring, inviting, involving, recognizing and thanking all people who do, or could, financially support the mission of the school.
In close partnership with the Head of School, this team is responsible for helping to meet teacher and administrator’s facility requests throughout the year.
Room Parent Team
In close partnership with the Parent Chair and the Head of School, this team is responsible for facilitating a productive and fun working relationship between parents and teachers in each multi-age group (i.e. Kindergarten + First Grade, Second + Third Grade, Fourth + Fifth + Sixth Grade), including assisting teachers with classroom-related needs, recruiting and managing buddy families, welcoming new families, and building community. Collectively, this team also coordinates these events:
- the August Back-to-School Picnic at Mother’s Meadow in Golden Gate Park
- the Fall Celebration
In close partnership with the Head of School, this team is responsible for acting as a Richmond neighborhood liaison, as well as identifying and coordinating opportunities for the Schoolhouse community to participate and make a difference in the broader San Francisco community.
In close partnership with the Head of School, there are a wide variety of opportunities for individuals to contribute directly to the operations of the school. This includes:
- producing the school’s weekly newsletter
- maintaining the school’s website
- promoting the school through advertising (newspaper, online), community listserves, etc.
- producing print collateral (flyers, postcards) for the admission season
- producing and publishing the school yearbook
- producing and selling Schoolhouse apparel and logo items
- supporting the health and safety needs of the school community, including but not limited to replenishing first aid supplies, updating school safety procedures, coordinating wellness related initiatives, etc.
2017-2018 Family Job Assignments
You can find the 2017-2018 Family Job assignments here.